1. Scope These Terms and Conditions of Participation set out the terms of membership in the Privilege Club between Villeroy & Boch AG Saaruferstraße 1-3, D-66693 Mettlach, Germany, the subsidiaries of the Villeroy & Boch group (hereinafter both referred to as Villeroy & Boch) and the consumer (hereinafter referred to as Privilege Customer). Anyone aged 18 or over residing in Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium, the Netherlands, Austria, the Principality of Liechtenstein, France, the Principality of Monaco, Great Britain or Ireland can become a Privilege Customer. Participation is free. Resellers are excluded from taking part in the Privilege Club. Privilege Customers agree to these General Terms and Conditions of Participation by confirming their application. Every new Privilege Customer has access to a personal, password-protected Privilege customer account. Access protection is provided to existing customers the first time they log in by entering both their Privilege Card number and surname. Privilege Customers must inform us of any changes to their application details immediately.*1,2,3,4
2. Awarding bonus points Privilege Customers receive bonus points on eligible purchases after identifying themselves as Privilege members at the till or in the online shop. In store, Privilege Customers need to give their name at the till. In e-shops, Privilege Customers need to enter their personal email address and chosen password. Eligible purchases are purchases made in one of the participating Villeroy & Boch shops – The House of Villeroy & Boch, the Villeroy & Boch outlets and the e-shops in the participating countries (Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium, the Netherlands, Austria, the Principality of Liechtenstein, France, the Principality of Monaco, Great Britain and Ireland) on our website villeroyboch.com/shop. When an eligible purchase is cancelled (e.g. by withdrawing, returning the product(s), terminating the agreement, appealing), Villeroy & Boch reserves the right to cancel the bonus points credit for this purchase. Bonus points are rewarded in line with the purchase price on the receipt incl. VAT. Privilege Customers receive bonus points to the amount of 3% of the purchase price on the receipt incl. VAT. Each bonus point is worth 1 cent in the eurozone, 1 centime in Switzerland and Liechtenstein and 1 penny in Great Britain. Earning and redeeming points is linked to a currency and can only take place in one currency zone. Points can only be awarded for non-commercial purchases and cannot be combined with other Villeroy & Boch discount programmes (e.g. family & friends or stock sales).
3. Bonus points balance/Vouchers Every Privilege Customer can check the balance of their bonus points online at any time – villeroyboch.com/privilege-account Redeeming bonus points Privilege Customers will receive a shopping voucher to the value of the bonus points they have earned since the previous bonus points voucher was sent and can be redeemed in the Villeroy & Boch shops listed under 2. (Cannot be redeemed for cash or any change given for a purchase less than the voucher value). Shopping vouchers are valid for a year from the date of issue. Vouchers not used by the expiry date will be forfeited with no entitlement to refund or exchange. The bonus points will be set to 0 after the shopping voucher has been sent. A new points account will then be opened immediately for the Privilege Customer. Should a Privilege Customer’s bonus points account have less than 300 points, a voucher will not be sent and the bonus points account will be carried forward. Due to a change in the means of communication, the Privilege Club will only communicate by email as of 2019. Villeroy & Boch reserves the right to change the mechanism for redeeming bonus points for customers who up until then have not given their consent for email communication. Points vouchers will then no longer be sent by post. Henceforth, bonus points can be retrieved and redeemed in the participating shops/e-shops.
4. Improper use Villeroy & Boch reserves the right to claim damages due to improper use of the Privilege Club.
5. Data protection Villeroy & Boch will collect, store and use data provided by the Privilege Customer on their application form for the purpose of operating the Privilege Club system as well as calculating and allocating the bonus credit for the duration of the Privilege Customer’s membership. This also applies to transaction data relating to their eligible purchases. You will find more information on Villeroy & Boch's data protection policy here.
6. Cancellation, termination and amendments to these Terms and Conditions 1. Privilege Customers may cancel their participation in the Privilege Club system at any time in writing without having to observe a notice period. *1,2,4 Villeroy & Boch may terminate participation in writing and by observing an appropriate notice period. The right to extraordinary termination remains unaffected. In the case of termination, Villeroy & Boch will contact the Privilege Customer in writing to arrange the individual cancellation of their bonus points account. Should the Privilege Customer not respond within 6 weeks, Villeroy & Boch reserves the right to forfeit the bonus points earned since the previous bonus points voucher was sent with no entitlement to refund or exchange. 2. Villeroy & Boch reserves the right to discontinue or change the Privilege Club system and amend the Terms and Conditions of Participation, particularly if required to do so due to legal provisions or in the interests of improving processing or preventing improper use. Privilege Customers shall be notified of any changes in writing, sent either by post to the address provided most recently or by email. Changes shall be deemed accepted if the Privilege Customer does not contest them within one month of receipt of the notification from Villeroy & Boch AG.
7. Final provisions These Terms and Conditions of Participation and all legal relations between Villeroy & Boch and Privilege Customers with regard to the Privilege Club shall be subject to the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Participation is held to be invalid, the validity of the other provisions shall not be affected. Villeroy & Boch reserves the right to replace the invalid provision with a legally effective one that comes closest, in economic terms, to the meaning and purpose of the invalid provision. *1. Participating Villeroy & Boch shop 2. Villeroy & Boch AG Customer Service, PO Box 1120, D-66688 Mettlach, Germany 3. Telephone hotline 00800 6864 8110 (free of charge) 4. www.villeroy-boch.com/contact