Easter brunch recipe: Vegetable quiche
For: 1 springform baking tin / 28 cm diameter
Baking time: 50-60 minutes
Resting time: 30 minutes
- Using the dough hook, mix the flour, diced butter, salt, egg and water to make the pastry. Continue to knead with your hands until the pastry is homogeneous. Make sure that the pastry does not get too warm. Then cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Cut the vegetables lengthwise into thin slices using a food slicer (about 3 mm). Boil a pot of salted water and precook the vegetables (except for the courgettes) for 5 minutes. Drain and leave to cool.
- Thinly roll out the chilled pastry on a lightly floured work surface, line the springform baking tin and firmly press the rims (about 3 cm high). Arrange the vegetable strips in a circle, working from the outside in.
- Add the cream, milk, eggs and grated cheese in a mixing bowl. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cumin. Mix with a hand mixer, add the lemon zest and pour the mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake the quiche in a preheated oven at 180 °C (top/bottom heat) on the second shelf from below for about 50-60 minutes.
Tip:The pastry is easier to work with when rolled out between two layers of baking paper.